Monday 5 November 2018

First Trimester

I do not remember much of my first trimester. All I am sure of is that it was truly a roller coaster ride of emotions. I still want to document what I experienced here so that one day I can read back again and reminisce.

So, here's a breakdown of most of the things I remember from Week 5 - Week 12 of my pregnancy. 

I was a constant ball of anxiety
From the outside, I was mostly happy all the time. (I think) but honestly, I was a ball of anxiety. I was scared all the time. I was scared whether my baby is still there? Whether I can get through this pregnancy? What if I messed up? What if I eat this (or that) and baby will not like it and just go away? It was awful. 

I went to the extent that I asked Dzafri to buy me pregnancy tests everyday for 4 days just for me to make sure, that I really am, pregnant.

My anxiety worsen when we went for our first check up at Putra Medical Center, Sungai Buloh (PMC). I was around 4 weeks. The ultrasound did not show any embryo or yolk sac (kantung bayi). I silently screamed inside and I was extremely anxious. The doctor set for another appointment the following week as he said it is normal for it not to appear at that point of time because it was still a bit too early and baby is just the size of a poppy seed. (CUTE!!).

Starting from that day till the next checkup, I googled EVERYTHING about yolk sac, ultrasounds and other mothers' experiences during Week 4. It helped me a lot, honestly. I managed to breathe a little when most of the articles I came across said that it is completely normal to feel the way I felt and that I am not alone.

Then, the 2nd checkup day came.

  Hello there, sweet angel. My first sight of you.  :)

I started feeling slightly better when I heard baby's heartbeat for the first time. 
That was on 15 July 2018. Baby was 11 weeks and 4 days.  

I think its normal for first timers to be nervous and scared like I was. All we need was just a little assurance and loads of support from families and friends. Constant anxiety is no joke, I tell ya. But a little support was everything to me during those weeks. 

Changes to my body and my morning sickness.
My pre pregnancy weight was 59kg-60kg. Then it got up super rocket after because I was hungry all the time. 

I was constantly sick during this trimester. I cannot brush my teeth without wanting to puke, I cannot stand the smell of my own husband, I cannot bring myself to work every morning. Hence, the numerous MCs and ELs I had to take. 

The most obvious change that I could see happening to my body was my areola got super darken and big. I. was. terrified. It was so weird to see myself naked in the mirror. 

Backpain!! Yikes. I will never forget about this. Ever. Dzafri drove me to work most days during this trimester and I sleep most of the time when I am in the car. 

Vitamins I took.  
During first trimester, I only took Similac Pramilet (folic acid) tablets early in the morning right after I wake up. It did not give me any unwanted side effects and I was perfectly okay with it. 

Then my doctor (at that time) gave me calcium tablets because I was lazy to drink milk and also, powder milk makes me puke. Yeh. 

Also, Kaisya recommended me to take Pati Delima Gulsan which suppose to help with my hb level and gives me fiber. Also, no unwanted side effects and I was okay with it too. 

All three above I took religiously without skip. Lol. 

I was so semangat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment